St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal School has a rich history in the west San Fernando Valley having opened our doors in 1957 with our first Kindergarten class. We provide quality, private, Christian education at affordable prices to Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School students in a nurturing environment with an experienced and devoted faculty and staff.
We are located on a beautiful, four-acre campus in Winnetka, CA near the San Fernando Valley communities of Canoga Park, West Hills, Woodland Hills, Calabasas, Chatsworth, Northridge, Porter Ranch, Reseda, Tarzana, Encino, and within an easy commute from Simi Valley and other east Ventura County cities.
Here is just some of what St. Martin’s offers:
- Easy Access from the 101 at Winnetka Ave. and the 118 at Tampa Ave. or DeSoto Ave.
- Safe, Secure Campus near Warner Center and Westfield Topanga & Promenade Malls
- Extended Care AM & PM
- Small Class Sizes
- Challenging Curriculum
- Daily Hot Lunch Program
- Spring & Summer Camp
- After School Band
- After School Team Sports & Cheerleading
St. Martin’s believes that as society’s standards are changing, children need a stable set of values on which to base their judgments and decisions throughout their lives. St. Martin’s School partners with the parents of our students and our parish to help provide this foundation.
St. Martin’s welcomes children from all walks of life, regardless of race, creed, color, ethnic origin or gender. We would love to have you join the St. Martin’s family.
We are delighted to welcome our returning families and new families to the 2016-2017 school year! We had a great summer here at the school and hope that you did, too. Our camp was a great success. Many thanks to the school families that helped us with repairs and maintenance and with organizing in the library. Thanks also to Fr. Gabri and the parishioners of St. Martin’s for making the patio look so beautiful.
The start of school is always a busy time with many scheduled events for students, parents and families. It was wonderful to see so many of you at our first day get-together and we are looking forward to these future events as well:
- Kindergarten-5th Grade Back to School Night on Thursday, September 15th at 7pm. This is for parents only and starts in the Church. Childcare will be available at no charge.
- Middle School Back to School Night on Thursday, September 22nd at 7pm in Room 24. This is also for parents only. Childcare will be available at no charge.
- School Photo Day on Wednesday, September 21st. All students in Kindergarten-8th Grade should wear school uniform.
- Our first Blessing/Communion Service on Wednesday, September 21st at 1:30pm in the Church. Parent are welcome to join us for this and any chapel services.
- Fall Fundraiser Kick-off on September 16th. Proceeds from this fundraiser go towards our wonderful PFA programs that help make school so much fun for the children.
- Blessing of the Animals Service on Saturday, October 1st at 11am on the patio.
- St. Martin’s Day Service on Sunday, October 30th at 10am in the Church.
- Halloween Parade & Parties start at 2pm on Monday, October 31st.
- Veterans Day Service on Wednesday, November 2nd at 8:30am in the Church. Please join us and invite any veterans that you know so that we may honor them.
- St. Martin’s Kindergarten-8th Grade Christmas Concert on Thursday, December 15th at 7pm in the Church.
- St. Martin’s Preschool Christmas Concert on Friday, December 16th at 9am in the Church.
Make sure to read the e-newsletters and announcements that we send out for important and/or time-sensitive information and check our calendars on this website for the latest information.
During their 60th Birthday Celebration, Disneyland presents a Commemorative Coin each day before the Flag Retreat. It is given to Veterans, First Responders, family members of deployed Military, MOH Recipients, and people and groups that support Veterans. Gunnery Sgt. Ernie Napper recently presented the Commemorative Coin to the teachers and students of St. Martin’s School for their support and honoring of Veterans.
We love our Veterans and we are extremely honored to be recognized in this way!